In Quebec, several large companies span various sectors and contribute significantly to the provincial economy. While the stock market landscape can change over time, here are some of the largest and well-known publicly traded companies based in Quebec:
- National Bank of Canada (NA.TO): As one of the largest banks in Canada, National Bank of Canada provides a wide range of financial services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, and investment banking.
- Power Corporation of Canada (POW.TO): Power Corporation is a diversified international management and holding company with interests in various sectors, including financial services, insurance, and energy. It owns subsidiaries such as Power Financial Corporation and Great-West Lifeco.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.B.TO): Couche-Tard is one of the largest convenience store retailers in the world, operating under various brand names such as Circle K. The company has a significant presence in the retail and fuel sectors globally.
- Quebecor Inc. (QBR.B.TO): Quebecor is a telecommunications and media company that provides cable, internet, and mobile services to customers in Quebec and other provinces. It also owns various media outlets, including TVA Group and Videotron.
- CGI Inc. (GIB.A.TO): CGI is an information technology and business consulting services company. It offers a wide range of services, including application development, systems integration, and IT outsourcing to clients across industries.
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. (SNC.TO): SNC-Lavalin is an engineering and construction company involved in major infrastructure projects globally. It offers services in various sectors, including transportation, energy, mining, and infrastructure development.
- Dollarama Inc. (DOL.TO): Dollarama operates a chain of discount stores offering a wide range of consumer goods and household items at affordable prices. It has a strong retail presence across Canada.
- Metro Inc. (MRU.TO): Metro is a leading Canadian food retailer with a network of grocery stores and pharmacies. It operates various banners, including Metro, Super C, and Jean Coutu, serving customers in Quebec and Ontario.
- Transcontinental Inc. (TCL.A.TO): Transcontinental is a printing and packaging company that also operates in the media and marketing sectors. It provides printing services, flexible packaging solutions, and media content creation.
- Quebecor (QBR.B.TO): Quebecor is a media and telecommunications company that operates in various segments, including television broadcasting, cable distribution, telecommunications, and newspaper publishing.
Please note that the stock market is dynamic, and the rankings and sizes of companies can change over time based on market performance and corporate developments. It is essential to conduct thorough research and stay updated with the latest market information when considering investments in Quebec-based stocks.